A super easy, lean and light chicken dish and perfect post-workout protein meal by Mark Glanville.
Recipe for two (Mark’s a big eater!).
1. Lightly season six chicken drumsticks skin on or off with salt
2. Brown drumsticks in olive oil in oven dish/French oven turning occasionally
3. In the meantime thinly slice two carrots, cut one brown onion into thin wedges, and slice two cloves of garlic
4. Once browned, remove chicken and place aside, add other ingredients to stockpot with olive oil, and simmer on a gentle heat until onions are translucent
5. Add one heaped teaspoon of cumin and one smoked paprika and cook until fragrant (1-2 minutes)
6. Add chicken to pot, along with one cup chicken stock, two tablespoons caramelised balsamic vinegar and bring to a simmer.
7. Cover with lid and place in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes.
Serve with Basmati or brown rice and steamed greens, sautéed kale.
Prefer a vegetarian option?
Substitute the chicken with tofu, mushroom or Borlotti beans.
Mark Glanville is a co-founder & manager of Movement HQ Fitness Centre in Frenchs Forest Sydney and has been a Personal Trainer and group fitness coach since 2001. Before that, he worked in London, Scotland and Sydney as a high-end chef.